Sunday, October 24, 2010

Simon Pegg at Forbidden Planet (and Jess Hynes on Spaced)

There aren't many people I'd queue up in the freezing cold for, simply to exchange a matter of nine or ten words and get a book signed, but the wonderful Simon Pegg - co-creator of what I maintain is one of the greatest television shows ever, Spaced, not to mention the brilliant Big Train, Shaun of the Dead and a whole host of ridiculously high profile, Hollywood roles - is certainly one of them. And I proved that yesterday when I, well, queued up in the freezing cold just to exchange (etc etc).

The meeting - which, let's face it, I've been waiting about eleven years for - was hardly historic, but I thanked him for the all the laughs he's provided me, and said that Spaced has picked me up countless times when I've felt a bit down; to which he responded "I'm glad, that's what we're here for." Which is lovely.

Of course, with his autobiography Nerd Do Well out, Burke and Hare about to 'hit' cinemas, and the trailer for Paul just having been released, Simon's pretty ubiquitous at the moment, but frankly, I count a Pegg-filled week as a very good one indeed.

As an aside, Jessica Hynes was on Something for the Weekend this morning (again, promoting Burke and Hare) and when Tim Lovejoy asked a viewer's question 'Will there be any more Spaced', I scoffed, expecting the answer to be a blank no. But I was wrong... in fact, Jess said that not only could they write more, but that she would like to because she knows how much people love the characters! Amazing! The inevitable caveat, of course, is that Simon Pegg appears to have little interest in returning to Tim and Daisy. Sigh. If I believed that those two would mess it up, I'd say it's for the best. Unfortunately, I genuinely don't think that'd be the case.

5 comments:

Simone said...

I very much like this blog, Anna, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. xx

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

Thanks Simone, I very much like your comment x

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Oh: more Spaced, what a thing of joy that would be. I wonder what Amber is up to now?

Sex and the city 1-6 dvd box set said...

that's good i love your article

RigbyMel said...

That is awesome, Anna! Color me VERY jealous. :-)