Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh, and a Weather Party...

One thing I forgot in my previous catch-up post - but which is probably the most interesting thing I've done in the past month - was my attendance at Lloyd Woolf's Weather Party. That is, I grant, a group of words that doesn't mean a whole lot without explanation, so here goes: Lloyd Woolf is a comedian (part of the Cowards sketch group) and he decided that he'd like to meet some Weather Presenters and/or Forecasters. Understandable, I suppose, they generally seem an amiable lot. To this end, he set up a party in a pub, which anyone who reads his blog could attend and hopefully buy a Weather Person a drink...

Ok, so only two weather people turned up, but one was my friend Benn and the other was from the Met Office (impressive). And it was a lovely, lovely evening. Just talking with nice people brought together by the oddest of conceits - but lovely.

No comments: