Friday, July 06, 2007

More cool casting news

After hearing about Ewan McGregor, and John Lithgow taking to the stage, it seems the RSC want our DT to play Hamlet. It's not definite, because it would clash with Doctor Who series 5, but I reckon we're all thinking he'll want to move on by then.

Would I brave the Stage Door scrum? Of course. Certainly will be doing so for this guy...

Oh, and I was thinking, I should do a 'Is celebrity casting a good thing?' sort of post at some point. Remind me. :)

5 comments:

Stu N said...

I should do a 'Is celebrity casting a good thing?'

If they can act.

Marie said...

cf DT - actor before celeb. Would be unduly harsh to suddenly stop casting him in stuff just because of the fame.

AnnaWaits said...

Shush, you're all stealing my points ;)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Come on then, casting celebrities: good thing, bad thing?

And what's a 'celebrity' when we're talking about people who can, you know, actually do something (act) when most celebrities can't DO anything except you know BE celebrities...?

AnnaWaits said...

Thing is, I think we're all on the same page. Cast people who fit the role; if they get bums on seats, so much the better. I was thinking there was a bit more to think about, but I'm not sure there is...!