Sunday, April 01, 2007

Doctor Who: Smith and Jones

I like Martha! I mean *really* like her! I was fully prepared to be very stubburn and hate her for a minimum of half the run but she's won me over... and I don't even know why, particularly. She just seemed to fit.

It was a great opener overall, actually - the hospital-on-the-moon story was fully realised despite only having about 30 minutes, and the rest gave us a good short-hand of the Joneses. We'll have to wait and see whether they have quite the impact that Jackie and Mickey had... at the moment I find that unlikely, but we'll see.

It's clear that Martha has already fallen in love with the Doctor, but to be fair, he was being just a little coy, wasn't he? Leaning against the TARDIS in cavalier fashion, growing his hair ridiculously long for maximum ruffle-age - he hasn't looked cooler since he first put on those glasses in the Christmas Invasion...

All in all, a *very* promising start...

2 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Rufflesome...!
And yes, I too was expecting to dislike or at least be ambivalent about Martha... but man she fitted right in. I like the fact that she's smart and observant: none of Donna's ignorance of events.

But most of all I'm just happy he's back. With extra ruffle...

DanProject76 said...

Oh yes. Fantastic!

Although those Saxon references are bugging me already.