Tuesday, February 13, 2007

His Dark Materials movie

It's coming along, and it's looking great. Here's some promotional shots, with the pick of the bunch below:

Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel (looking better than as Bond, in my opinion...)

The alethiometer:
The Alethiometer

Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra. I wish she weren't blonde, but she's got a great face
Lyra ~ Dakota Blue Richards

Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, an inspired bit of casting
Mrs Coulter Dressing

London... hmm bit too different to our London for my liking...
London

8 comments:

Matt_c said...

Agreed about London. That looks too much like Star Wars. The difference should be immediately obvious.

I want CGI though. Ron had some photos up a while ago. I want to see what Pantalaimon looks like.

Matt_c said...

shouldn't be obvious.

Changes the meaning, you see...?

Marie said...

Agreed agreed agreed. Everything you said.

Marie said...

Oh no, hang on, except that Craig looks more hot in speedos than in a beard.

Matt_c said...

The beard looks fake. I think it might be made of felt. The speedos looked way more authentic.

And when I said Ron, above, I meant Rob (Medium). I have to learn to type again.

Dean said...

Daniel Craig looks like Hugh Laurie in that picture.

I haven't even read the books.
*gets coat*

AnnaWaits said...

The beard does look a little fuzzy-feltish now you come to mention it... like him with brown hair though. And Dean, go read them right now :)

Dean said...

To add insult to injury I even own all the books...

I do worry however that should I read them I'll turn into one of those annoying people who points out every minor difference between the books and film to my friends when we go and watch it...