Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Surprise Packages of 2006

Who'd have thought that Amy Winehouse would come back with a song as wonderful as 'Rehab'? A low-down dirty bluesy stomper that I just can't stop humming.
And who'd have thought that Russell Brand would be one of the highlights of the Secret Policeman's Ball? This cut down version doesn't really do justice to the whole set, but gives a flavour...

Neither are particularly likable people, but as long as they're good at their jobs, at least they're justfying their (constant) intrusion into our lives.

5 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Okay, his flouncing REALLY irritates me - his head even more so (I usually like a goodly amount of hair but RB's is too much and just annoying).

However, I will acknowledge that that was amusing and well delivered. Damn you, Anna, this will not do! You're winning me over to not spittingly HATE Russell Bloody Everywhere Brand!

AnnaWaits said...

His hair is *awful*! But his stand-up seems less so... I didn't want to believe it either!

Clive_Evil_C said...

Russel at the secret police man's ball was the first thing of his that I actually laughed out loud at. His countless attempts at giving him his own show have just left with my a perplexed grin on my face, something about his delivery is oddly humorous, but I just couldn't find it in myself to laugh at his stuff. Until I watched the mediocre secret police man's ball and found him one of the better parts of the entire show.

AnnaWaits said...

Along with the Boosh of course ;)

Dean said...

He's a decent stand-up, but TV companies have yet to work out that being a good stand-up doesn't necessarily mean you'd be a good chat-show host...