Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A few bits of news from Chortle.co.uk

Quickly becoming one of my favourite sites, Chortle tells me that Eddie Izzard will not play Sally Bowles in Cabaret, but instead the role will be taken by Anna Maxwell Martin - her of the National's production of His Dark Materials and Bleak House. Not an obvious choice, I wouldn't have thought, but we sure know the gal can act.

Also announced is the news that Zach Braff will be leaving at the end of the next series of Scrubs to work on films full time. Seeing as though the show is seen through his eyes (and mind) it's hard to see how they'd carry on...

Another piece of news that didn't come from Chortle, but could have done, is that the date for the release of The Mighty Boosh live DVD has been set for November 13th. So for all of us who missed them coming to town by about a week (not that I'm still annoyed or anything) we can catch up relatively soon. Get pre-ordering.

Sunday In The Park With George and Rock n Roll reviews, by the way, will probably not be forthcoming until Wednesday due to work and other such distractions - sorry :)

4 comments:

Scott said...

Chortle told ya that? Pah. Where do you think they got it from?

Oh, and it's Anna Maxwell Martin, not Smith. :-) Who of course was also in last year's Doctor Who (as Suki in The Long Game)...

Dean said...

I seem to remember Braff using exactly the same words ("I think this will be my last year"), last year, about season 5. Then he changed his mind and they're doing another one.

AnnaWaits said...

Hehe Scott, you *know* The Stage is my first port of call for all things theatre... just came across it because of the Izzard angle :) Yeah, I managed to put Smith despite having Martin in the link...! She was great in Doctor Who, wasn't she?! Got a bit badass.

SimonHolyHoses said...

I tried to comment against your previous post but it won't let me - just prompts me with a blank sheet of HTML :-(

Anyway, just wanted to make some generally encouraging noises in your direction about your "what I did" sort of post.

And yes, your red pixie boots and wayfarers surely are most excellently cool.