Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Satan Pit

Well that was a bit good,wasn't it boys and girls? I watched it completely alone, so my reaction wasn't swayed by the people around me, and I was grinning like a fool one moment (when Rose was taking charge) and crying like a little child the next (too many times to mention actually...!). Billie's adventure story in the ventilation shafts was my favourite part, probably, and I guess I'd rather that that had been properly balanced with some real scary mind-messing stuff from the Devil, but I'm nit picking. My emotions were all over the place, and when a show has an actual effect on you, then it's gotta be applauded. And next week looks great - we're back on track :)

EDIT: I've just skimmed a few blogs which slam the ending, because finding the Tardis was, like, *so* obvious. Were they not whooping with joy that once again the little blue box had come to the rescue? Honestly, there's no pleasing some people.

5 comments:

the avenging dalek said...

Hoho, 'twas brilliant. My favourite bit was Toby's red-eyed "Ssshhh..."

holyhoses said...

Yeah, it was a good one, with some unusually quiet bits. Well photographed, I thought, brilliant lighting, and for the most part, the SFX were up to scratch, too.

Left it all a bit vaguey as far as The Beast was concerned, but I suppose they were trying to be as inclusive as possible.

As to the Tardis turning up, you can only ask yourself what kind of idiot thought it wouldn't turn up. It was a good moment, especially for younger viewers, who will have been made anxious by the preceeding bit!

Billy said...

It was my facourite of this series. I do like the 2 part ones better.

Peter Kay and Moaning Myrtle next week! :)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I'm agreeing with that avenging dalek! I think my eyes nearly popped in gasping at the red-eyed "ssh"!!!

AnnaWaits said...

"As to the Tardis turning up, you can only ask yourself what kind of idiot thought it wouldn't turn up."

Well exactly :) And the 'shhh' was definitely a highlight.