Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nobody's Watching

Well *that's* not an ironic title for a sitcom that hasn't got picked up by a television company! Rob's blogged how this has been put on YouTube, presumably to try and build up some public pressure, but the fact is 1) it's not funny and 2) it's just wierd. Two sitcom lovers are given the chance to create a sitcom of their own, but they're being played, because the production company actually want a reality show, so they're being filmed while doing it. Are you following me? There's more. Sometimes when the two guys are working out their show, they do it on a sitcom set with a live audience. There seems to be no reason for this.
We're watching a show, about people trying to make a show, who are filmed while making that show. And this strange premise is only made worse by the fact that none of the characters have any presence or charm. It's pretty bad.

6 comments:

Dean said...

I can just imagine the meeting:
"It's Seinfeld season 3 meets Big Brother"
"Brilliant!"

*sigh*

MIKEY said...

UH OHZ. I atcually liked parts of it. Like when the assistant wanted to be hired, and that guy is like 'shut up'. I think it shows promise. haha. I don't know what I'm talking about. Ok, so i only watched the first part. but twice!

AnnaWaits said...

I guess I have to remember it's a pilot - not much money, etc. Though they did get Gunther and Uncle Phil... I dunno, I just didn't see much to work with.

Dean said...

Guess the world disagrees with you Anna as it's been picked up by NBC...

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/july06/youtube217702.php

AnnaWaits said...

So I hear... but the world's wrong. :)

Dean said...

"the world's wrong"

And that's true on so many levels...