Monday, May 22, 2006

From a true Electro Girl...

Ladies and gentlemen, Paul Fuzz, Becstar. and myself have been bitten by the Boosh Bug. (As my many references might have hinted at...) I asked Becstar. if she'd guest blog about the Jazz Maverick and King of the Mods. Here's what she said...

Mod Wolves and Techno Mice.

mod wolves…techno mice…shrines to jagger…cowboy boots…yeti calls…jazz trances…mating pandas…shamans who shop at dixons…training sequences (with music)…baileys…eggs of mantubi…silver horseshoes…stabbing everybody up…juicy danglers/crispy tubes…icy tundras…dead swans…leg faced men…slopes of cream…cornish guilt…songs about looking for the new sound…lady fortune…doors of cuckundoo…apes of death…sea anemones…santana tracksuits…cheese graters…tutus…hubba bubba nightmares…songs called particle…wesley snipes…ponchos and sombreros…slush puppies at ice rinks…miracle wax…glam folk/jazz funk…pictures of kittens…cheekbones and ninjas…mirror worlds…electro boys/electro girls…lonely moons…pop stars with pilot licenses (imagine that)…coconuts…communist hairy russian carpet men…

I know that if The Mighty Boosh is a party, I’ve arrived late, when everybody is crashed out on the living room floor. But you best believe that I’m helping myself to the left over dip and warm lager…of fun.

Also, Noel Fielding is my boyfriend.

Keep on Booshin’ Boosh fans…

Becstar (Noel Fielding’s girlfriend)

xxx

And she invites you to add to the list.
Crystal moccasins/bionic jeans...being greedy for the verse...Uncle Walt's felt pens...little sleepies...things that have gone wrong...shamans that like to travel...
Man I could do this all day :) The Boosh just makes me smile. The Fuzz texted me saying 'The Boosh rules. Definitive sit-com of its time. The Monty Python of the Libertines era. That good? Discuss.'
Please feel free to do so.

P.S. I'm more of a Julian Barratt fan myself...

6 comments:

becstar. said...

You Barrett Bitch you! I know my blog might have seemed stupid at first and it doesn't really say anything about the show - except everything which needs to be said! I'm glad you see how addictive just listing is!

Loving the addition of...little sleepy... by the way!

Deano said...

I'm going to be obscure and say that while I love The Boosh I find Noel Fielding's even more bizzare stand-up stuff even funnier, though I've only seen him once about 3.5 years ago, where he only got to do 15 minutes due to the previous act over-running ridiculously. Was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Alas it's so tough/expensive to get him to do stand-up gigs now he's all a big TV star and stuff.

AnnaWaits said...

Alas I've never seen him live, but his 'Oblong' sketch on YouTube (here) is absolutely fantastic. Yup, I think it'll pretty much be charity gigs only from now on.

I didn't realise that the Boosh is as big as it is, actually. In Top 100 Funniest people poll for ladmag Zoo, they were in at number eight...
Top 10:
1 Peter Kay
2 Ricky Gervais
3 Lee Evans
4 Eddie Izzard
5 Billy Connolly
6 Dylan Moran
7 Bill Bailey
8 Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt
9 Jimmy Carr
10 Matt Lucas and David Walliams.

Deano said...

Ace link Anna cheers, havn't seen that.

That list is slightly surprising other than the top one...*sigh* if channel 4 did a 'Nations Favourite Vowels' I swear it would go:

5.I
4.O
3.A
2.E
1.Peter Kay

AnnaWaits said...

Hahaha!! I totally agree.

I'm really surprised at Eddie Izzard being so high, not because he's not an absolute genius, as he is, but because of how rarely he appears on tv - this means he's got to that position on his live/dvd act, which is pretty impressive.

Anonymous said...

its 'crystal moccasins, bionic CHEESE!!