Thursday, April 13, 2006

"La la la I'm not listening"

Kevin Spacey's interview with Michael Billington to explain the early closure of Resurrection Blues and other Old Vic-related misdemeanors has done nothing to help him because he refuses to accept he's made mistakes with his choice of plays. As Billers says, it all comes off as 'Crisis? What crisis?'. They're thinking of getting in a show to fill the stage til the Autumn programme gets going - may I suggest the Reduced Shakespeare Co? Old Vic Productions unceremoniously kicked them out of the Criterion last year, and there's not been a single successful show in there since.

And one thing that's really getting on my nerves about this review of Spacey's tenure is that Richard II keeps being referred to as the only 'unqualified success'. I think you'll find I QUALIFIED IT!!

Hrumph. I either saw a different show to everyone else, or the previews were just unfinished and under-rehearsed. In both cases some sort of monetary compensation should be forthcoming.

2 comments:

Dean said...

"Richard II keeps being referred to as the only 'unqualified success'. I think you'll find I QUALIFIED IT!!"

That made me laugh. A lot. Thank you.

AnnaWaits said...

Haha no probs. It's almost as if Billers doesn't read my blog!! :D