Saturday, January 07, 2006

Channel 4 say the cheque's in the post....

First off, come on music-lovers, Vote Preston. Well, don't vote for him, cos that would involve giving channel 4 more money to make more shows like this which suck me in every time (yes, we are talking 'Celebrity' Big Brother, for those of you with lives). Just support him. Seeing Preston and Jodie Marsh have a reasonably interesting and entertaining conversation with Big Brother was like an unlooked-for oasis of calm amongst all the outrageous flirting and slow breakdown of a man with a less-than spotless past.

Second, My Name Is Earl has real promise. The first 15 minutes were pure setup, but at least they got it over with, and the second 15 minutes showed more a lot more potential than I'd expected. I'll be watching this one with interest.

9 comments:

Deano said...

I really wanted to get into Earl as I love Jason Lee, but it doesn't quite click with me. It's not that I find it bad, it's just not as good as other stuff.
All said though, if you liked the first ep a lot it does get a lot better so you're in for a treat (seen up to ep 10).

Please stop watching Celebrity Big Brother.

AnnaWaits said...

Unlikely, I'm afraid! Yeah, Jason Lee is what makes it - looking forward to the rest of the season.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I thought it had promise too. Good stuff could be possible...

HolyhosesRob said...

I enjoyed Earl, too. Kept waking up my wife by laughing out loud.

Mellie Bean said...

I've been watching Earl since it premiered here in the US last autumn - I think it's one of the better sitcoms on television at the moment.

Rosby said...

For the love of Doctor Mark one, Doctor Mark two, Rose, the Slitheens, Daleks, Gelth, reapers, autons, Russell T Davies, nanogenes and all those other wonderful little things DON'T WATCH THAT CRAP!

(The crap being celebrity Big Brother.)

If we convince enough people to switch that fake, putting-it-on, overacting, waste-of-money drivel off, then maybe they'll cancel it!

HEED MY WARNING.

AnnaWaits said...

DON'T THROW THE DOCTORS MARK 1 AND 2 AT ME! How am I meant to compete with that?! I'm trying to wean myself off ir but addictions are hard to kick...

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Addiction? Surely "devotion" is the word we are looking for...?

And for the record I have NEVER watched a complete Big Brother programme of 'celebrity' or other incarnations. I am almost proud of that given that too many blog-people I have come across have been way too fond of the nonsense.

GUESS WHO said...

I bet the people that are like

'don't want ID cards! Big brother society! GOVERNMENT WATCHING ME'

then go and switch on channel 4, and waste their lives away. GOD I HATE THAT PROGRAM.

Ah pointless posts.

My name is earl is a class program, I love it, after two episodes. I read that it has alot of quality moments.

I wanna know where its set.

Filmed in LA....

Cool.