Monday, December 05, 2005

Head in hands moment

Votes so far for Whatsonstage.com Awards.

Best Actor (in a Play)
Brian Dennehy - Death of a Salesman at the Lyric 19.13%
Con O'Neill - Telstar at the New Ambassadors 6.15%
Derek Jacobi - Don Carlos at the Gielgud 22.08%
Kevin Spacey - Richard II at the Old Vic 26.06%
Rob Lowe - A Few Good Men at the Theatre Royal Haymarket 17.23%
Simon Russell Beale - The Philanthropist at the Donmar Warehouse 9.35%

This deserves a 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

1 comment:

Marie said...

The problem with the What's On Stage awards is that you really have to be an utter theatre nut, very well organised and exceedingly well off to have seen all those plays. I like the theatre but I only make it every few months, and not everything I manage to see is award-worthy, consequently I had only seen one or maybe two things in each category and didn't think it was fair to vote. In that category I'd have to have voted for Death of a Salesman because it's the only one I saw; reckon Simon Russell Beale was probably fab, but I only saw him in Julius Caesar (not nominated), so...