Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Spooks

Being excited about a TV programme isn't the coolest thing, I realise, but it's Spooks; I mean, come on.

I missed most of last series being at uni, but me and mum weren't going to let anything get in the way of Spooks time for this double-bill. We taped it while we watched it, in case of interruptions, of course.

It's a good job that, afte the attacks on London, Shining Dawn as a concept was just silly enough to make sure the programmes weren't completely unwatchable. I'm not sure planting random bombs is the most efficient way of wiping out the majority of mankind, but, hey, it worked for the show. Just about. Zafar looks to be a great addition as long as he keeps up his one-liners; seems like there'll be good rapport between him and Adam. Rupert Penry-Jones is just a reliably stunning actor and I'll always look forward to watching him. Good start.

Oooh, tonight's Lost looks at Charlie's backstory: the best so far.

2 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Spooks is ultimately hokum, the UK's version of 24: good quality hokum, but hokum nevertheless...

I'm glad I ain't the only one who tapes whilst watching in case of distractions, emergencies etc...

AnnaWaits said...

Good quality, silly T.V is what that thing all our furniture's pointed at is there for in the end!