Thursday, July 14, 2005

Anna in 'not wholly supporting something' shocker

NME.com tells me that a free 'London United' gig will take take place this Saturday to show solidarity and to remember those who lost their lives or loved ones last Thursday. Now, of course, I love this idea - if there's one thing London can and has done better than the rest of the world for decades, it's music. But there's only a point in doing this if the gig itself is something that London can be proud of. It's a shame for this to be rushed and half-baked, but, with the uninspiring line up which is confirmed, it looks like that's what London is going to get. I hope I'm proved wrong because I don't like to be down on something that clearly has its heart in the right place. Maybe it'll be Londoners who make this gig great, and worthwhile. In fact, I have no doubt they, we will.

1 comment:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Hmm... Well, Billy Bragg's always worth turning up for, but the rest of this line-up? Mediocre doesn't really come into it.

Pity. It could / should have been something glorious. But I guess after the high of Live8, all the topc bands are conscienced-out... or their tours have moved onto Europe.

Sorry. Note of cynicism came back then. Natural instincts or something!